Friday 8 May 2020

Carona Virus Diary Week 7 May 6th

Week 7 of the virus has not been great.

My son in Liverpool has covid symptoms and has decided to e tested.  I have twisted my hip and I usually go to my chiropractor or have an injection of steroids in my hip but neither is available until after lockdown.  so I am limping for the rest of the duration.

I have achieved things and up until now I have enjoyed the lockdown it has given me the opportunity to get stuck into projects and I have written, published and illustrated two children's books.

Up until now I have thought that I will not go back to the lifestyle that I have had before: I am weller just pottering about he house and not doing a lot of energetic things.  I have just bought things that I need and realise I dont need a lot of the things that I buy or do.

I would like a quieter way of life but I think John would find that difficult.  He hankers for going for train rides, his cricket and going out for meals. He has to his credit embraced looking after the garden and has taken pleasure in it.  With me it is all art, art, art.

I have finished knitting the frightful frog toy for Rachel's baby when she comes.  It is so cute I should like to knit one for myself.  I used the baby soft wool in baby wool and it is very cuddly and a soft pink.  I have given it a nice little smile and it looks very welcoming and happy.  It has a big pink ribbon bow around the neck.  I am quite proud of it as I am not a natural knitter.

Today we are celebrating VE day with a party in the Close.  I have scones and jam prepared and we will take chairs, table and a cream tea onto the front drive and the neighbors are organising the music.  I have found some red, white and blue ribbon and I will decorate the front garden tree.


Behind all o this is my worry of my son and his test result.  of all the members of the family he has been most abstemious about social distancing, but the North West has been hit as hard as London.  It just shows that absolutely anyone can get it. Their two year old son is coughing too, such a worry.

Signing off.  I hope everyone is well and keeping safe please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment