Thursday 30 April 2020

Corona virus week 6 April 30th

Week 6

We have rain this week after many weeks of sunshine. I am reminded of Elizabeth Bowen's prose,

'The screen of trees that reach like an arm from behind the house-embracing the lawns, banks and terraces had darkened deepening into forest. Like splintered darkness branches pierced the faltering dusk of leaves. Evening drenched the trees; the beeches were soundless cataracts.'

I loved her writing and read one of her books his week.

I am also getting on well with Rachel's baby girls cuddly toy  I am knitting furiously baby is due on my birthday May 28th.  The accompanying book is published.

My first tutorial with Falmouth is happening today.  It is as though I am establishing a new way of living, and I quite like it.

My over 55's ballet and exercise class with the Brewhouse Theatre is very enjoyable too and I have found others on YouTube.

I don't think I shall go back to how I lived before. Experimenting with the internet has given me endless possibilities and actually I see more of the family than I did before via Zoom. I do miss friends and church but that is all.  shopping used to be a pastime but honestly do I need that perhaps not. I shall just buy what I need.

I hope the environment will benefit and I am sorry for businesses that are suffering but I think it is time for society to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment