Friday 3 April 2020

Carona Virus diary April 3

I have decided to write a diary of these unprecedented times.

Week one

We started by having a zoom creative writing session for U3A.  We were all tired pat and bobMabberley were present so I decided we would talk about our bucket list.

Me

  • skinny dipping
  • getting a book published by a publisher
  • having a party in August to celebrate our twentieth anniversary.
  • dont die
  • win a premium bond - no luck this month
  • be happy with things as they are reduce anxiety
  • give myself a facial
  • join the campaign not to buy any clothes for one year.

I took possession of my new ipad pro and downloaded proreate and have been experimenting ever since.  I saw on the news David Hockneys attempts on his ipad and inspired I painted my glorious plum tree in the garden

Plum tree

On Thursday we watched 'one Man Two Governors'  It really changed our mood and it was great to watch something other than films and television. I will send ten pounds to the National Theatre musk loved by me. We broke off at eight to clap the NHS and had two words with Sharon next door she has been a nurse for 38 years and is a midwife.

Today we had an hour conversation with Liz Osborne and Jeanette, and was told all about rat catching by the rat man. It is good to see other faces.

Tim  is not good he has lost his job because he is on a contract and self employed and the job he was doing is furloughed.  We hoped to see him today but perhaps tomorrow.

Just had word to zoom our american friends.

Cleaning tomorrow and film night.  John to walk to Rumwells for fresh veg.  Steak and chips and wine for me.

Incredibly this is only week 2 of lock-down.  The PM does not look well, worse than Prince Charles I would say. Lets hope they both recover.

signing off will attend UU American service on sunday and have silence with John.

Zoe AinsworthGrigg








No comments:

Post a Comment